Panacea Hospital is worldwide renowned for its advancement in medical care and its number of success cases. With a panel of doctors who have decades of experience, Panacea offers an amalgamation of experience and advancement. Panacea has a special team of doctors and researchers who study and treat diabetes. Diabetes has become one of the very common diseases today. Though it infects half the planet, but a right approach to treatment is what you will get at Panacea Hospital.
Diabetes (also called diabetes mellitus) is a condition in which the level of glucose in blood shoots higher than the normal limits. This can either be because of lower insulin production in the body or an inappropriate responding of cells towards insulin. Both these reasons can occur together also and may lead to a more severe condition. Diabetic people tend to experience polyuria (frequent urination), polydipsia (increased thirst) and polyphagia (increased hunger).
Diabetes has many other symptoms also which include weight gain, unusual weight loss, fatigue, bruises that do not heal numbness and male sexual dysfunction.
Diabetes can be of three types:
Type 1 – When the body does not produce insulin
Type 2- When the body does not produce enough insulin leading to improper functioning
Gestational diabetes – This happens to women during pregnancy
Panacea believes that all kinds of diabetes are curable. The first and foremost step towards treating diabetes is heeding your diet. Diabetics should take extra care of what and what not to eat. This will help in reducing blood sugar levels and also getting rid of the various symptoms of diabetes.
Another important way to reduce blood sugar is by exercise. Starting with a 30 minute moderate exercise like walking is perfect. This is a safe and easy way to rid of the all the problems that come with diabetes.
Panacea believes that if the situation is not controllable by the above methods, then one should go for medication. Depending upon the type of diabetes one has, he is prescribed appropriate medication. In many cases, it includes injecting insulin in the body which, thus, helps in reducing blood sugar levels.
Facilities available at Panacea Hospitals
- Expert consultation from an endocrinologist with many years of experience
- Regular diet counseling by seasoned dieticians
- 24/7 lab facility to monitor bio chemistry
- Availability of senior nephrologists to manage patients in Diabetic Nephropathy or Chronic Renal Failure patients
- Availability of dialysis facility to treat such patients
- Regular screening camps are conducted to detect diabetes
- Availability of home care services to lab, nursing and physiotherapy to meet the patient needs
- Health camps are conducted regularly at public parks and kiosks